Tuesday, October 14, 2014

4th of July

Yes.  I am behind, but it has been that kind of year.

This was actually the first year in about 5 years that Todd and I were actually able to celebrate it in the U.S.!!!  We were just a little excited.  I mean we were only officially back for a week at that point.

I wasn't in the best place mentally, sadly, as my birds had been in quarantine for only a week, but I tried.

We made a BBQ, cause we had to!
(Of course, all I could think about was how much the birds would love the fruit!)




Todd BBQ'D!!!!
I have missed Daddy BBQ's like you wouldn't believe. 
It was so awesome, despite the sadness of no bird girls.



So, to keep with a Haser not in the US on the 4th tradition, Logan was in Canada!
(more on that later)


The best, most yummiest 4th treat!  
(Thank you whole foods!)


I really wasn't up for crowds, and neither were Todd and the kids (thankfully), 
so we just drove to a view point near our house and watched the fire works from the car.
It was perfect!



Next year maybe we will head down to the city, if we are still on this coast.
I would prefer, of course, a 4th on the beach in So. Cal. 
I do miss my beaches...

No comments:

html/java