Thursday, June 12, 2014

Just a Random Update...

No news yet on the relocation front....   Just a little 'what we have been up' to according to pics update.

Well, the pics keep not uploading so these will have to do for now!


Logan brushed his teeth, 
but didn't cut his hair.

Krystin had an art exhibit at school, which I was super sad to miss...
So, I begged for pictures.





Kayla and her adorable friend Bonnie had fun celebrating the freedom that summer brings.

Sunsets still enchant me.


My heart breaks daily for this little cuteness....

The East Coast has Spring (so weird), which means a couple things.
Everything comes back to life! It is so beautiful.  The air smells fresh and green. Lovely.
I learned that Spring also means that while it stops snowing semi-frozen water molecules, it starts snowing white fluff from all the beautiful plants (oh, my allergies)...
It, also, means that every type of happily little Bee/Hornet/Wasp (and lots of other creatures that I haven't even seen before) are coming in the house to visit.

I am always catching little 'friends' and releasing them.

The other day though, I was in the laundry room that is in the basement.
As I was going up the steps at the top there was a very UN-HAPPY looking little dude.
My Dad said it was a hornet, I sent him a pic. He was right looks like the pic below.
Anyhow, I didn't have anything to catch him, and I didn't want to make him more angry trying to pass him, so I called for Todd. Keep in mind Todd HATES bees (he is usually the first one high tailing it out when one is around).  He was SO AWESOME though.  He KNOWS I hate to kill them, and even though I KNOW he is terrified of them (they do usually attack him), he gently, slowly and kindly captured the cutie!!!

We saw him up close, totally looked like this.
Look how adorable that face is!

Well, Todd mentioned maybe he was cold and put him on the deck on the rail to warm up. (Lily has a thing for eating flying creatures, so had to keep him up high.) Then I remembered an article about how bee's (I am guessing hornets too) sometimes need a sugar boost.  So... I made him some sugar water on a spoon and put it next to the cup. He was slowly meandering out of the cup.  He immediately, after I set the spoon down, crawled out of the cup straight to the spoon and went and drank, then he groomed for a few minutes then took off like speed lightning.  Seriously, the cutest thing EVER. 

If you look closely you can see him drinking.  I didn't want to scare him, so it is a distance pic and blurry.

Oh, I hate being away from my kids when they need me.

Krystin is so 'bad-ass' (for lack of a better word)...
She only plays to win, and this was the result.
Looks kind of broken... OUCH!
She was only down for about a week and was running again.

I am so in love with this little lizard!


Bad pic, but sometimes downtown reminds me of HK.

Spring did this, beautiful, but deadly!

I sent that to Krystin, and she sent me the below pic.

Different type of forest.


The dogs love spring.  



I am pretty sure Lily is waiting for Kayla to walk through those doors.


She makes do with us though!


America - what is this?  No, too much.

We are bringing them to the kids in HK to try.

Yah, here's what I have to say to that:
(pic care of Todd)

For Logan's Birthday the girls took Logan to Disney (of course).
Can I tell you that Todd and I are having severe Disney withdrawal.

Todd work style.


Hi Logan


This is my view a lot.  He works hard.
I keep trying to convince him to move with me off the grid, 
and just live off the land and trade our electronics...
He thinks I am teasing.  
I am not.

I am serious!



Oh, NY Squirrels, I LOVE YOU!


...

No comments:

html/java