Friday, December 13, 2013

Tamara's 40th (what?!) Birthday!

I actually feel like I am lying when I say that I am - 40!
I have never been attached to an age.

It is kind of strange when you start dating your husband at age 14,
 and now you are 40?!  

Holy Heck.  How does that happen?  Time I tell you!

So many memories (good and bad) that we have shared together.
Storms we have weathered.
Celebrations we have celebrated...
Passion that we have kept burning...

I am 16 here, not 14, but really the dress...
I love this dress.

I am grateful to have Todd by my side for all of these birthdays!
I am grateful on my 40th that my husband, like me, loves an adventure!
Also, that we enjoy spending time together, even when we are both cranky and jetlagged.

40?!

Todd knew for my birthday what I really wanted was to see my baby boy.
I hadn't seen him in months!
Although, to be honest I do talk with him usually daily, but a hug.

So, Todd surprised me with not just a flight to see our boy, where he lives, and meet some of the people in his life, but also with a 7 day cruise before hand.  Two weeks in Hawaii!
The best gift ever though, was that Todd was on vacation and didn't have to work (much).

I will share my Hawaii pictures separately, too many....
(other than the one above)

At 40, I am also so grateful that I have children that I am thankful for every single day.
Children that I count myself so lucky and blessed to even know them, let-alone get to call them mine.   They are truly the greatest treasure on Earth....

Look at that cuteness? I can hardly stand it.
However, it is their minds, souls and depth of thought that are the most beautiful part of them and most enchanting to me.  

It was hard for me being away from my girls on my birthday, which they must have known!
When I returned home, they had baked me a special cake (with M&M's inside, they know me so well)!  So yummy, and even bought mint chip ice cream!

If that wasn't enough, they also bought me the sweetest little Bunny for my collection (my heart just burst from the sentiment and cuteness)....  To really throw me over the edge with sweetness they went shopping all over to find me my favorite kind of honey!  Amazing! Oh and the homemade cards!  They know those mean the MOST to me.  

Ok.  I know you want to see how cute my Bunny is!

and my cards!



4 candles one for each decade.  Trying to be fire safe over here.

So, yes, I am now officially in my 40's, which is the new 30's I have heard?!

Actually, 40 sounds way better to me than 30! 
 I believe it is always best to look toward the future, learn from the past and make the most of it.  

Hawaii pics to follow!

No comments:

html/java