Thursday, May 24, 2012

Logan's Wisdom, removal....

Wow.  

Some of my LEAST favorite 
Parenting Moments...
Are moments when to be a GOOD Parent..
You have to PAY someone to torture your child.

Really.
It just seems, so barbaric....

Today was another one of those days.

It was Logan's turn to have his Wisdom Teeth removed.

It was time.  

I would have, maybe, waited 'til Summer,
but
With Moving to Hong Kong in June....
Now is the time.
3 day weekend
(sorry about the birthday teeth extraction Logan)
His Birthday (and Todd's) is on Saturday...

But, in the name of Good Parenting...
That is what I did today.
(YES, I MISSED TODD EXTRA!)

Took this sweet, smiling guy
to get his Wisdom removed....
(In the waiting room)

The office is not open on Fridays...
and 
The only time they had available was 2pm...
That and my experience with Kayla and sedation in September....
Made me think that having Logan fast til 2pm,
 and maybe the sedation wouldn't work for him either wasn't the best choice...
So, we opted to ask for Gas...

He was being really brave,
despite just experiencing what Kay went through a few months ago...
He was a little uneasy about no sedation, 
but the idea of gas made it ok.

They called him back, 
and said Gas wasn't going to be available?
That he should be ok without...

He called me back there,
to sit by him...
and hold his hand, just in case he needed it.
Which, I was happy to be able to do...

Luckily, when the Dentist came back he said gas was available!!!
Thank YOU LORD!
Logan looked relieved.
I looked way more relieved, I am SURE!

It wasn't an easy process, took almost 2 hours...
Logan inherited Todd's neanderthal Wisdom.
The teeth have about twice the roots they should,
and they are at 90 degree angles at the end.
The dentist had to seriously work for it!
Luckily, between the shots and the gas and the ipod...
Logan was A'OK!

His first question upon completion -
"Can I run tomorrow?"
- Uhm, No, rest...
Second question - 
"Can I go to school at least?"
- Don't recommend it...

After getting up, and while I was checking out.  
He was full of love and wanted to hug everyone. LOL!  
Thank you Gas for doing your job!

We had to grab Krystin (from a friend's house by school) before heading home.  Without a Kayla or a Daddy to help drive, just worked out that way.  So we had him home within an hour.  Glad he was doing well.  

We put some ice on his cheeks when we got home.
He was still buzzing from the gas.
Even with a mouth FULL of gauze he was babbly.
It was cute and funny.


 My boy likes real food,
so the offer of a shake for dinner didn't thrill him,
but he ate it graciously enough.

Real food soon my SON, soon...

Finally, after 4 hours, he is resting....
So sweet. 
I pray that his recovery is smooth....
His doctor was especially concerned about one extra difficult tooth, and said to watch it.


2 kids down.  1 to go...
Poor Krystin, 
Sorry, Krystin, that you had to watch BOTH your sibs go through this first! 

No comments:

html/java