Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mystical Creatures...

Anyone who knows me well...

KNOWS 

I Love Animals!

Love them.

Certain of God's Creations seem to be Magical even.
So amazing, so truly incomprehensibly wonderful
that they must be a mystical creation.

I believe that some people have a certain type of magical creature 
that is their special compliment.
They can feel the connection.
They are drawn to them...

For me,
 and I would be so bold as to include Todd as well,
ours is...

Princess Indygo

Seriously,  it is hard to believe she is real,
I swear it is as if she fell right out of a fairy-tale!
What a privilege it is to have a mystical being in your life
 and as your baby!

(Yes, I think my children are magical too, 
but didn't think they would like being referred to as creatures, so...)

Speaking of children, or not...

This past Thursday,
Todd granted a wish.
A wish that has been made
 and rekindled for over 13 years.

Once upon a time,
there was a little wee Krystin.
She was a mere babe of 18 months.
One day, she happened upon 'her' magical creature.
I still remember the day...
We were in Iowa, in a mall
She looked up as we were walking through and saw a stuffed lizard.
Her little babyself  KNEW, KNEW she MUST have that lizard.
A sweet little Rainbow Plush Chameleon.
Who could argue with such passion, 
and from that moment her love for lizards was kindled.
Over time it grew into a sort of obsession.

She collected them, 
100s of them..
Wishing them to be real.

Begging over and over, consistently without waivering
for her own to love...

Remember,
I love animals...
I actually LOVE lizards too,
but
Lizards require a LOT of work.
You have to maintain their temperature.
You have to feed them LIVE food, 
which means keeping their food alive too,
and 
Most importantly.
If their dish is empty they don't have a voice to YELL at You
I like animals that tell me if they want or need something.
Dogs drink all the water - they will knock the dish at me.
They want more food - they bark at the dish.
Simple!
Birds need something - the scream!
Awesome, communication, great! (:

Lizards seemed too daunting....

Well, Todd has been traveling a LOT, LOT LOTTTT
(a sad, whiney post for another day)
and when he was home last week, for a blink...

He had a moment of weakness
(he has officially had us on a NO MORE Pet ban for a few years)
and he granted Krystin's wish...

He gave her -
HER Own Mystical Creature.
a Dragon.

Really a Bearded Dragon.

To say she loves him would be an understatement.

She has named him Flynn.

I have to admit, 
I am smitten with the little man myself.

Even Indy likes him, she saw him and started to dance for him!
I guess Mystical beings recognize one another!  


Here's to wishes that come true
and
Mystical creatures that make our life more rich...

and 
so you know.
I was wrong. 
Lizards are quiet, yes,
but Holy heck can they can communicate!
He is already training Krystin 
when he wants to come out, eat or needs anything,
and she is MORE than happy to oblige.

No comments:

html/java