Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hong Kong ???

Often times, when I mention Hong Kong....
and well
My Love for the place....
The first reaction that I (and my children apparently get) is 
WHY???

Why do you love Hong Kong?!

I mean yes, 
the name does sound a lot like King Kong
and NO. 
 I wouldn't want to hang with the big boy!
Shutter...

Really though...

Here are a few pictures that explain in a small way,
 why I love it so...
and why I agreed when Todd was aggressively contacted 
by a previous client to help them out for 6 months, in Hong Kong...
Even though, I KNEW I would NOT be able to sleep at all during that time,
because it would give us an excuse to spend a bit  more time there.

The rain at night in the city - magical 

The sun rises over the ocean

and the Sun SETS over the ocean...

Ferry is just one of  the 'normal' (highly efficient) 
means of transit between islands...
I LOVE THE OCEAN!!


Ahem, excuse me, while  I pout
 cause it has been 25 days
25 - since I have seen my love..
and No I haven't slept...
and Yes I stay up and IM with him all night ...
(15 hours in the future there, remember?)
 How I long to be in his ARMS RIGHT NOW!!!

Anyhow...

Desserts... Can You say MANGO???
Oh My Gosh, YES! 

The layout of the land...
Very East meets West.
Beautiful and artistic, to me...

Afternoon hikes through the mountains on little islands,
 with a beautiful beach on the way.

My GOD - he is SO CUTE!
How on Earth did I let him leave for this long....???
What was I thinking....??

 Yep, even cuter on a train to Disney. Holding a Disney handle. 
I WANT My hubby!

Well, and yes. they do have a Disneyland!!
My Man+Hong Kong +Disney = Perfect!!!
How can you go wrong??

Normally, 
I am NOT a big city person...
But this city,
The beauty of the mountains, the natural landscape...
THE OCEAN that snuggly encompasses it all...
The brilliance of the buildings as they outline the horizon...
and then at night....  
The water reflects the twinkling lights,
so many different colors sparkling from sky to sea...
 Yes.
 I am enchanted...

Well, that is a little glimpse into Why I love Hong Kong.
Also, why if you talk to me I can NO longer speak in full sentences
and look like I haven't slept, it is because no I haven't slept for weeks...
I hope it helped.


No comments:

html/java