Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I Love Having Children! Seriously, there are SOOO many benefits... Awesome hugs, sweet smiles, cool homemade gifts, and most importantly they make Holidays sooo much more fun!

Daddy had to go to Chicago this past week. We were all VERY sad without him, and very busy. The children and I had to get pumpkins without him, and then carve them with out him. Ok, I won't lie. Todd reallllyyy doesn't like carving pumpkins (strange, I know!). So, the kids and I didn't feel too guilty when we had a great time carving ours.



Logan's Pumpkin:



Krystin's Pumpkin:



Kayla's Pumpkin:



and mine:




The girl's had the honor of decorating:


and the puppies helped (well sort of)


...and where was Logan???


running of course... Go Logan!

Ok, so we didn't feel badly that we carved pumpkins without Daddy, but we did feel a slight twinge of sadness when we went to Disneyland without him! Sorry Todd you were outta town and kids had the day off!

Yay Halloween - Disneyland!!! Extra Cool! (:

Costumes

What to do about costumes? The daunting question every year... Well, this year my girls asked me to make them costumes. I thought that it sounded like a fun idea, so I opened the sewing machine that my Dad gave me for Christmas last year and decided to give it a try. Yes, it took me 10 months to find time to open the sewing machine, sad really.

I had the girls decide what they wanted to be and let them pick material.

Kayla wanted to be a 'dark fairy'... ooow...



Krystin wanted to be a 'Woodland Pixie':


As for Logan, he wasn't sure what he wanted to be. Really, he tried, we tried, and no decision was made. So, I suggested that he be "Knight of the living dead" (you get it, right?)... He liked it! Yes! We had Todd's costume from last year, so with a few modifications:

Those are his intestines if you were wondering.

All three:


Todd had found this "chick magnet" costume and wanted it. I spent so much time helping the kids I hadn't really thought about what I might want to be, so I figured Hey why not do 80's. The girls loved it.



Krystin and Kayla went trick or treating. Logan was too tired from Cross Country and we had a 'Dead Man's Party' to go to that evening, so he stayed home to get some rest. Although, did I mention We STILL HAVE A LEAK?! Yes, it is true. So, Logan stayed home to rest and got to help move more furniture. But, lets not think about that right now..


Krystin and friends


Lily the 'reindeer'. . .

Bonus: Honey is hiding in one of the pictures with the kids. Can you find her?

Bonus Bonus: For a laugh click on Lily's picture above.

No comments:

html/java