Sunday, March 10, 2013

TNT - Utah

Todd had a work conference in Utah.
I have never been to Utah, so he invited me to come!

Utah, surprisingly, reminded me a lot of Arizona.
Well, Arizona if it were surrounded by tall Mountains and FREEZING...
The skies, though, were endless, like in Arizona.
The roads were huge, and it seemed like there were hardly any people.
Ok, this is coming from Hong Kong, so my perspective might be slightly askew.  

The view from above as we flew from Ca to Utah.
We are pretty familiar with the flight from Hong Kong to CA, 
but this time we just waved hello to CA, and caught a connecting fight to Utah.
 As we arrived in SLC the sun was setting.
Which was nice, because we were pretty tired.  
However, not too tired to find a Nielsen's Frozen Custard!
So YUMMY!


  I won't lie.  I was VERY excited to have a rental car.
I miss driving!


Utah has temples, like Hong Kong has 7-11's!




We had the opportunity to catch up with some friends we hadn't seen in years.
It was really nice, and the Brasilian food was amazing too!

The skies were so big, really! 


Did I say we ate too much junk?
Yah, and I enjoyed EVERY single BITE! 


Logan had a request.  
He asked us to Visit 'his' temple, you know the "Logan Temple",
so we obliged!

I thought it was funny, we had to drive through Kaysville to get there.


While it was freezing, it is a really beautiful temple.




 Anything for you Logan!

What is this weather?! 

endless roads and sky 




We were able to get Costa Vida too, so GOOD!
(Another old Arizona favorite!)

Krystin requested that we visit BYU.
She is considering applying, and wanted us to scope it out. 




We were able to have ice cream with our good friends' son!

We bought the kids some BYU paraphernalia. 
With the jet lag, and the excitement of the university, I kind of left my purse on campus...
Yes.  I did...
Well, I am happy to inform you that BYU PASSED its' integrity test with FLYING colors!
My purse was turned into the lost in found within minutes.
THANK GOODNESS, because my passport was in there, LAME!

So, Krystin, we found your new running team! 

Jamba!

And really, KC, look at this!

This made me laugh.

Anyhow, Todd had conference during the day, 
and dinner meetings, which I went with him in the evening.
The first evening was an Asia specific meeting.
I thought I was pretty funny and  wore my authentic 'Asian' blouse!


Did I mention, I love driving.
It was fun to drop Todd off and go explore,
and GO TO TARGET!
Bye Todd, love ya!

One evening the conference had a huge event.

They had the Black Keys playing, which Todd and I love!
 There was food, entertainment, and much more!



A neon glow in the dark graffiti wall.


Oh yah, and we were able to dance on the moon, which was pretty cool.

Just to make sure we left on a happy note,
as we walked out of the event there was a huge table decked out in many different flavored donuts with milk!
Yes. Thank you!

I love this sign!
I think it is applicable to many areas of life! 

Shopping with a car! YAY!

Krystin's Duffy got BYU bling too.
My babe was modeling it. 

We spent many hours getting Todd glasses, the day we were leaving.
For some reason getting the lenses correct was very challenging.

Before we headed home, we ate at Costa Vida just one more time,
and then loaded up on Sweet Tooth Fairy treats for the trip home.
I HIGHLY recommend treats from there!
Oh My Gosh, heaven!

If you were wondering, yes, Ziggy and Zoey were there!

We had a stopover in LA on the way home again,
and I was so excited my Mom made the journey all the way over just see us for the couple hours we were there!
So nice to see her!

We arrived home on Sunday, so tired, but happy to be home with our kids!
Logan and Krystin were waiting for us at the airport, so sweet!

No comments:

html/java