Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Favorite Part of 36!


Today I turned 36 years old. For some reason, 36 seemed strange to me, foreign rather...

36, yah, hmn seems as though it is leaning heavier on the scale of life toward 40. Now, don't get me wrong, I think age is all 'relative'. You know, relative to how you feel, who you are and where you are in your life, and what you want to accomplish. For example, I have a wonderful hubby and three amazing teens. Seriously, I should be at least 36 to have all that! But. . . Still. I don't 'feel' closer to the closing in of my fourth decade of life, and should I?

I don't know. I do know that I am grateful everyday for a wonderful family, incredible kids, an amazing hubby and great friends. I am sooo glad to be able to go through this life journey with the people that are in my life, even though I find the aging process strange and confounding at times. Sometimes it seems as though the hour glass of life continues unrelentingly pouring the sands of time, while I sit bemused by the motion, but not subject to it.

Anyhow, I am left at these moments in time, that remind us of our mortality, to ponder how truly grateful I am for everyday, hour, and minute that I have to experience life.

... and I really am grateful!
.
Here are some things that made this 36th reminder of my mortality special.

breakfast pecan rolls, from Sir Todd (yum)

cute card from Dad

amazing card from Logan (it really flapped)

.
Cute doggy from Logo, and a Puzzle from my girls. They know I love to spend time with them, so the gift was really a 'gift of time', as they said they would make the puzzle with me. So sweet!

.
Cute kid tummies.
I have teased my kids since they were tiny that I love their tummies, and if I see them I am going to kiss them. They were teasing me, "look at our cute tummies."
I love these kids, they crack me up!

.
Todd also made me the BEST Ice cream cake (chocolate and mint chip, my fave)
(oh after bbq'ing me up the best shishkabobs ever)

.
... and my Mom came out. :)

.
and I got to see my kids perform..


Life is good.

2 comments:

Sims Family said...

Happy Birthday. Welcome to the world of 36. Sounds you have had just about a perfect day!!!

Melanie said...

Life is good! Hope you had a Happy Birthday, my friend!

html/java