Sunday, February 24, 2008

First Day of Pageant Practice!!

Yesterday (Sat. Feb 23rd) was the first day of Pageant practice. We were a little worried that Todd wouldn't make it back to Phoenix on time. He was due to fly home on the 5:45pm flt Friday night from CT (out of NY), but there was a Severe Weather warning in effect. He was fortunate to be able to change his flight to a 9:45am flt (Friday Morning). He still had to sit on the run way in the plane for 3 hours before taking off (they had to de-ice the plane!), but made it safely home. His original flight ended up being canceled! Wow, that was a close one. You can't miss one pageant practice or your out!
Then, Saturday morning we were to be at the stage first thing and Kayla woke up with her face all swollen & totally miserable! Poor sweet thing. I (Tamara) ran her to urgent care, while Todd took Kryst and Logo to the Pageant. Kayla was given a script for some antibiotics and we joined them there, just in time. It was really neat to see a lot of people from last year, get our costumes and be able to take part of this great pageant again. I did feel badly for the kids as we were on our feet and in the sun most of the day. Logan wasn't feeling super great yesterday either. )o: Amazingly, I didn't hear one complaint from the kids - they were just happy to be able to participate. What truly amazing kids!

Here are some pics from yesterday:


Logan's Costume


Krystin in our tent trying on her costume (and then outside with it on). Did I mention we bring a tent to hang out in between scenes? Believe it or not I set the tent up (with some help from the kids). Well, I was impressed with myself! (o;


Mom with kiddos in the tent. I will have to take a pic of my costume at some point too.


Our tent. Exciting, I know! Feel like you were there?


Caiaphas the bearded man himself on a short break.


Kayla Love in her Costume! How cute is that?!

We will be practicing, roughly, Tuesday - Saturday nights from approx 5:30p-10p until Easter. We have to be there at 5:30p for Todd to get his make-up and costume on. His costume is kept under lock and key. (o; I will post updates throughout that time.

No comments:

html/java